Sunday, February 19, 2012

I look upon..

I look upon the glittering lamps in the dark sky
Touching their flames to warm up cold desires
Dead leaves degrade to be leaves of next bloom
'Purify thy soul', the winds blow to one's gloom

I look upon the tapping rain drops' sounds
Craving for a gentle melody core doth found
Scorched eyes soothed as an oasis in desert
A mirage of blessings shine on earthy days

I look upon chirpings hidden in dense leaves
Feathered creatures playing merry and gay
The tiniest bough amused in their playful ways  
Lend them an endless fun till the sun hides at bay

I look upon whistling winds chased by thunders
Strength of hundred miles per hour seems blunder
Shaking windows and sounds of breaking glass
Awaken the earth before clouds' downpours start

I look upon the deep ever dying depths of seas
Precious treasures brought to shores by waves of glee
Walking on sandy beaches leaving imprints of art
Hands flow with dreams as a mermaid is cast 

I look upon the coolest glowing sun at dawn
Flowers turn their faces as curtains withdrawn
A distant vision promises brightness and cheer
Steps take me where I steer all hurdles clear

I look upon the rocks at the peakest noon
Hardened with might calling for the coolest moon
Burning surfaces plead in want of a shady bloom
Dreams shape reality as deeds spin in toiled loom

Seema Lekhwani
02/19/2012
6:52 PM















No comments:

Post a Comment